When starting an online business there are several key elements involving your website that you must do and have. From a well-made website, good design, readable content to excellent SEO.
So today we are sharing with you several easy things you can do while setting up your basic SEO when launching your website for your business.
On-Site SEO – Research and create your metadata.
- First, you need to use the Google Keyword Tool to research meta keywords that are mostly searched by your potential customers on Google. This tool will give you an idea on which keywords you should use in your metadata as primary keywords.
- Crease a meta title that explains your business in one sentence and meta description that will give the searchers detail info about what you do. Use SEOMOFO to check if you are in-line with the guidelines. Keep in mind that this data should include your meta keywords.
- If your website is on WordPress you can use the free plugins such as All in One SEO, Platinum SEO, and SEO by Yoast. You can also get SEO suggestions by using premium plugins such as Scribe SEO. This way it will be much easier for you to implement the metadata in your website code without any knowledge in programming
- Keep in mind for the additional on-site SEO elements like internal links help search engines learn more about your website by internally linking to other pages on your website within your content; Header Tags are HTML header tags that help break the content into sections as well as let search engines know more about what each section of content is about. There is <H1></H1> tags surround the post title, <H2></H2> and <H3></H3> tags surround subheadings on the page
- Image Name & ALT Tags – If you have images on your website, you need to have good keywords for both the image name and the alt tag.
Quality content is a must. Today on the internet there are so many websites that are unique in their own way. If you want to have a unique website as well, you need to create a unique content that will connect to your industry. So keep in mind to enrich your website with content like Blog posts, Industry Articles, Tutorials & How-To Guides, Infographics or Videos.
Off-Site Optimization or so-called Link Building – Link building is one of the most must-have SEO tasks. The basic goal is to get other websites to link to yours. That way you can increase your Google website rank and your website will show up higher in the organic search results. What you need to is:
- Submit guest blog posts to popular blogs in your industry.
- Reach out to related businesses if they will link your website. In most cases, this will show up in their partner’s page
- Create social media profiles
- Submit your website to applicable industry directories
- Create links worth linking
Monitor your results – By using tools such as Authority Labs or Google Analytics you can monitor your SEO progress by reviewing your results. Here you need to set up goals that you want to achieve in order to review SEO metrics. Some of those goals can be website visits, purchases of a product, signups or registrations, downloads of a white-paper, clicks on a link etc.
By setting up your basic SEO you can improve the initial ranking of your website. That can give a clear and fast start to your first organic visits and first customers without any advertising.